Popcorn, anyone?

Monday, July 21, 2008

My Time Is Now.....

You know how it is, right, when all you ever wanted comes true so fast, and so unexpectedly, that you've got no idea how to react?

I've become so numb.....

It's been that way for a while with me now. Initially, I told myself that this was just way too amazing to be real. You see, my reality's different. It's formatted, planned, almost clinical in the way it functions. So for me to've bagged this opportunity. to've clinched it (and to be holding it close to me, playing this one "close to the chest"), is disconcerting. Not in the negative way, no, but I'm suddenly in an alien world and, surprisingly, I've got a strong foothold here already! I'm not slipping or sliding or fumbling or mumbling....I'm just being me.

Apart from feeling settled here already, I'm surprised at how comfortable I am with everything. Much more comfortable, in fact, than I was previously. I know it'd be too cliched for me to say "I was born to do this, baby", but, well, what can I say? I really WAS born to do this.....baby.

Filmfare does that to you, you know.

It's an infectious environment. It's brimming with activity, all the time. There's not a single moment in the day that you'd find somebody lazing around, doing nothing, chilling (which is NOT to say that it's a slave-house). There'll always be people running around, discussing their latest stories, sipping chai/coffee, typing away to glory. It's nice and busy.

And you know what the best part about this is? This place is so steeped in films that even if you're Bollywood braindead, it won't really take you time to "fit in". Giant posters of Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen, and one very good-looking woman in black and white whose face for the life of me I can't recognize (it's agonzing, by the way, since she's freakily familiar) "decorate" the office. Hell, I bet even the HR people discuss Bollywood (and you KNOW that that's a yardstick to measure Bollywood's popularity by. Of course, it could also be put down to the fact that the HR people sit right where all the action is, but I'd rather stick with the first one).

It doesn't hurt that I'm called a "Multimedia Executive" over here. Sounds snazzy and very "corporate-y". I love it! "Hi, I'm Harsh and I'm Multimedia Executive at Filmfare". Nice, eh? I thought so :-D

Haven't really explored the place too much, though the 6th floor's where the action's at: The CANTEEN! Man, one ENTIRE floor devoted to the Glutton's Workshop. Talk about employee motivation and work incentive! I always knew that TOI treated it's employees really well, but this is amazing! Dirt cheap, awesome veg food, what more could you ask for (yes, I know you cynics out there'll come up with a billion lists but, please, keep them to yourselves, will you? Spoilsports).

So that's my first impression of Filmfare magazine--a world within a world.

And yes, inevitably, I now incorporate the title of this blog over here: My Time....(pause)....Is NOW.

:-D

No comments: